axialHealthcare has an opening for a Software Developer to focus on solving complex healthcare problems through the power of big data and advanced analytics. You should have a strong background in object-oriented programming for the web: we use Python, Django, and Amazon Web Services. You will be responsible for juggling multiple simultaneous projects in a deadline-oriented agile environment. You will need to be a self-starter, able to work both independently and as part of a highly collaborative team. This position is full-time and provides competitive salary and benefits.
- Designs and codes superior technical solutions
- Participates in full SDLC process, voices concerns/suggestions, and provides solutions that result in better development timelines and more stable code
- Recognizes system deficiencies and architectural needs; implements effective solutions.
- Ensures development procedures are properly documented and kept up-to-date
- Stays up-to-date with new technology and best practices
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience building applications using Amazon Web Services or other cloud service provider
- Experience as a lead developer
- Experience with one or more consumer application authentication strategies
- A keen sense of user empathy
- An understanding agile/scrum methodologies
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline OR equivalent experience.
- Relevant AWS certification
- Experience with healthcare applications and HIPAA/HITECH data protection practices