axialHealthcare is seeking an experienced Scrum Master to champion, enable, and support agile principles and processes in the delivery of axial’s solutions. The candidate should have a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, agile principles and practices, devops principles, and have a hands-on background of working as a scrum master within all aspects of the software development lifecycle. You will need to have excellent communication skills, be a self-starter, take ownership to enable all areas of the SDLC, and work as part of a highly collaborative team. This position is full-time and provides competitive salary and benefits.
- Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Support the team using a servant leadership style and leads by example.
- Remove blockers or impediments that hinder project progress.
- Facilitates sprint planning and other scrum meetings.
- Monitor sprint progress, help the team estimate and increase velocity.
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and successfully coach the team to higher levels of maturity.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem-solving.
- Motivate the team and facilitate getting work done. Lend support to whatever part of the project needs assistance at a certain time.
- Promote internal and external communication. Monitor and helps improve team dynamics. Act as the glue that holds the team together.
- Coach, support and educate the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for 2-3 years for a software development team that diligently applied Scrum principles, practices, theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict.
- Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum.
- Experience with successful Agile techniques.
- Ability to work with and lead a team.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team