Business Intelligence Reporting Analyst
axialHealthcare is seeking an experienced, data visualization/reporting analyst with strong SQL skills, who can provide enterprise-wide reporting and data visualization expertise. This is a technical, individual-contributor role requiring initiative, independence and drive, an ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and an ability to perform a wide variety of duties. As a reporting analyst, this role is responsible for turning abstract information from data analyses into appealing and understandable visualizations that improve business insights from the results of the analyses. They are creative thinkers who understand user interface design and apply visualizations skills such as user experience design, data visualization and graphical design. Individuals in this role understand how information is turned into knowledge and how this knowledge supports and enables key business processes. They must have a good understanding of data access requirements for business analytics and exploration.
- Capture and document business requirements for new organizational reports/tools.
- Apply expertise on visualization and data-based storytelling to drive improvements to the narratives through which we communicate value.
- Lead/contribute to effort to improve, in continuous fashion, the quality controls associated with all client-facing analytics deliverables
- Develop/maintain relations of trust with internal and external customers. Build confidence with customers through relationships and through delivery of solutions that meet their specific needs.
- Assist in developing best practices for data presentation and sharing across the organization.
- Ensure visualizations built by team members are intuitive, accessible, and insightful for business leaders
- Build creative and interactive Tableau dashboards that can be used intuitively by business leaders to gain insights that drive strategic decision-making
- Deliver on ad-hoc data requests from business users while building reports and dashboards to help reduce the need for these requests
- 1+ years of experience working as a reporting analyst in the healthcare industry.
- 5+ years of experience with data visualization/BI tools, such as Qlik or Tableau, SQL and semantic data access mechanisms. Tableau experience preferred.
- Familiarity with healthcare data, including medical/Rx claims, provider, patient, and clinical data.
- Expertise in developing complex, legible and well-structured scripts and queries in SQL.
- Experience in building data marts to meet end user requirements.
- Experience working with large data repositories and/or relational databases.
- Demonstrable experience with developing meaningful narratives around data.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field.
- Excellent computer skills, strong leadership qualities, organization, and project management skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in both technology and business environments.
- Ability to analyze data, and apply investigative skills in resolving issues.
- Strong customer service and positive attitude.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.