axialHealthcare Announces 2018 Scientific Advisory BoardAnnouncements, Latest Posts | April 16, 2018
Nashville, TN – axialHealthcare, a national leader in pain management and pain medication solutions, today announced its 2018 Scientific Advisory Board (SAB). The purpose of the SAB is to provide a forum for healthcare leaders to share their specific clinical knowledge and unique insight to accomplish axialHealthcare’s ultimate goal of improving the wellbeing of patients in pain and with opioid use disorder (OUD), while creating value for its partners.
“The 2018 SAB members are prominent leaders within the pain medicine, addiction, behavioral health, and pharmacy fields, and we’re incredibly honored to have them on board,” said John J. Donahue, chairman and chief executive officer of axialHealthcare. “This established panel of experts will play a crucial role in ensuring we continue to support our client partners and their respective providers and members with effective, evidence-based pain management and opioid therapy treatment decision support tools and resources.”
Following an exhaustive search and in-depth interview process, axialHealthcare selected the following healthcare experts to serve on its 2018 Scientific Advisory Board:
- Jason Yong, MD, MBA, Chair of Scientific Advisory Board and Medical Director of Pain Management, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Beth Darnall, Ph., Clinical Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine,
Stanford Medical School Division of Pain Medicine
- Chris Gilligan, MD, MB, Chief, Division of Pain Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- John Little, MD, MBA, CMO Emeritus, BCBS South Carolina
- Dr. Mark Bicket, MD, Assistant Professor, Pain Division, Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine; Director of Pain Medicine Fellowship, John Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Kathe P. Fox, Ph.D., Vice President of Informatics, Aetna
- Mohammed Issa, MD, Medical Director of Pain Clinic, Brigham and Women’s Hospital; Program Director, Pain Management Fellowship, Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital; Clinical Instructor, Harvard Medical School
- Andrey Ostrovsky, MD, CEO and President of the Board, Concerted Care Group
- James B. Ray, PharmD, Clinical Associate Professor, University of Iowa Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science; Clinical Associate Professor, Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
- Christopher Wie, MD, Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine; Consultant, Department of Anesthesiology, Division of Pain Medicine, Mayo Clinic Arizona
SAB members have a wide-range of responsibilities, covering both clinical and product initiatives. Specifically, the SAB is tasked with evaluating the company’s evidence-based quality standards for opioid therapy management and OUD; endorsing the company’s recommended care pathways; providing feedback regarding program initiatives and policies; serving as experts regarding strategies for provider engagement and behavior change; providing insights into clinical best practices and/or the regulatory environment impacting opioid prescribing and OUD treatment; advising on the clinical scope of product development before it commences; and helping interpret scientific research results.
axialHealthcare is a pain and opioid care solutions company that partners with health insurers nationwide. axialHealthcare’s pain management solutions engage physicians, clinics, and patients with coordinated care by applying advanced analytical insight, proven clinical evidence and highly effective consumer support. axialHealthcare’s solutions optimize pain care outcomes, reduce opioid misuse and materially improve financial performance for health benefit providers. For more information, visit www.axialhealthcare.com.
We’re thrilled to announce that axialHealthcare was named the Healthcare Market Mover in the 2018 NEXT Awards, presented by the Nashville Entrepreneur Center. Built on the belief that big ideas and the innovators behind them deserve to be celebrated, the NEXT Awards recognize Nashville’s top rebels, visionaries, entrepreneurs, and businesses. This is a very exciting…Read More ›